On sale: Friday, 11/17 @ 10am
The Suffers are Houston’s award-winning 8-piece ensemble that have redefined the sound of Gulf Coast Soul. Established in 2011, The Suffers’ lineup was curated by bassist Adam Castaneda and vocalist/keyboardist Pat Kelly, who brought on trumpet player Jon Durbin, trombonist Michael Razo, guitarist Kevin Bernier, percussionist Jose “Chapy” Luna, and drummer/vocalist Nick Zamora, while frontwoman Kam Franklin topped off the group with soaring vocals.
The last two years have brought the band to new heights, as they played 300+ shows across North America, Europe, Japan and Australia, visited NPR in Washington, DC for a Tiny Desk Concert, made their national television debut on Late Show With David Letterman, and released their highly anticipated self-titled album alongside performances on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and Jimmy Kimmel Live! In a short time, the band has progressed from packing Houston venues to accepting invitations for featured performances at Hangout Music Festival, Forecastle Festival, Electric Forest Festival, Afropunk, Pemberton Music Festival, Austin City Limits, Newport Folk Festival, High Water Festival, XPoNential Festival, High Sierra Music Festival, Landmark Music Festival, Voodoo Music + Arts Experience, LouFest, AmericanaFest, UTOPiAfest, SXSW, Free Press Summer Festival, Untapped Festival, CMJ Music Marathon, and more. The Suffers have remained a local favorite, accepting 23 Houston Press Music Awards in the last four years. The band is currently putting the final touches on a 2018 full length release!
•Great American Music Hall is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.