If there is a band playing today that truly embodies the diversity of the Bay Area’s sound and style, it is The Right Time. They Play everything, from 1950s Rock ‘n’ Roll to Rocksteady Reggae and Ska…. Columbian Cumbia to Hard Funk and Soul. Some say a band really needs a niche to “make it.” While there is some truth in this, these guys are doing it with a wildly diverse live show, a stacked lineup of killer Bay Area players from multiple genres, and a ton of love for the game. Formally known by their long-hand name FenTon CooLfooT anf The Right Time, the band is now being booked up all over Northern California as just The Right Time.
Original songwriting and grooves are inspired by the tales of growing up here in the Bay and of things like pretty girls, shoes, cars, and geetars live. Their brand new self-tittled debut album will be the showcase, and a variety of original, handmade-by-the-band merchandise available as well. The concept was formed by Gardner “FenToN CooLfooT” Goetze back in 2006 when he was riding on a tour bus through northern Italy as a private guest of reggae band Steel Pulse. There was a conversation bouncing around about realizing your original product in life, and this was his vision. The rest has been history.
Featuring members of The Shams, The Bad Jones, Jordan and The Ritual, El Radio Fantastique, Albino!, Katdelic and more as the lineup occasionally rotates, The Right Time has recently shared the bill with some killer bands in the likes of Ozomatli, Orgone, Romain Virgo, Protoje, Monophonics, Vinyl, Marc Ford (Black Crowes), House Of Whales, The Shams, The Bad Jones, Black Slate, and many more. Bring a date and dancing shoes, if The Right Time is in your neighborhood this is where the party is always at.
Hitsville Soul Sisters
Known for their Motown moves and soulful grooves, The Hitsville Soul Sisters are a female vocal group whose vocal harmonies will soothe your soul and dance moves will get your blood pumping. Backed by a full band of suited gentlemen, they are sure to entertain.
Evan Lanam and The Live Oaks
Evan Lanam is a self-taught singer/songwriter/drummer from San Mateo, California. He has been playing in/around SF in countless different bands for about 7 years. He strives to revitalize the old sounds of rock n’roll, as well as Folk and Americana. This is his solo project, and he is backed by The Live Oaks.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.