The Holdup is a California based band that makes music in a melting pot of silky mainstream R&B melodies and Reggae influenced production. Since releasing their debut album, Stay Gold, the band has garnered a great deal of commercial success. Stay Gold debuted at #1 on the iTunes Reggae charts and the single “Good Times” was on rotation at a large number of radio stations across San Francisco and the greater Bay Area. Every album from The Holdup since then has found the band reaching a new milestone. From 2010’s Confidence leading the band to receive iTunes’ Best New Reggae Artist of 2010 award, to 2011’s Still Gold peaking at #2 on the Billboard reggae chart. Their heavy urban appeal has even led to features on Mac Miller’s “MostDope” blog and 2 Chainz’ “Most Expensivest Shit” video series presented by GQ. The band’s latest release, Leaves In The Pool was met with heavy acclaim and debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Reggae chart. Following the release, The Holdup have found themselves touring more in 2017 than ever before and continue to hit the road while putting out singles that challenge you to find a better song in their discography.
The band first began performing their songs at local venues around San Jose and a fan base quickly developed for their catchy multi-genre delivery. The success of their live show and the growing popularity around radio play found them performing and touring with a number of amazing artists. From Reggae mainstays like Collie Buddz and Steel Pulse, to the more mainstream side of things with Rebelution, Dirty Heads and Iration. They’ve even shared stages with the likes of 2 Chainz and Rae Sremmurd.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.