Stellamara is the internationally acclaimed Eastern European / Near Eastern Electro-Acoustic world music ensemble, founded by vocalist, composer, producer and percussionist, Sonja Drakulich. Evolving for over a decade of recording and performing, Stellamara elegantly unites folk and classical music rooted in Turkish, Arabic, Balkan, Medieval European and Persian traditions, with cutting edge studio and stage productions. With their world renowned discography and unforgettable live performances, Stellamara is regarded as being at the forefront of contemporary world music, giving new life and a fresh, modern expression to the beautiful and mysterious qualities of ancient modal music.
Featuring: Sonja Drakulich: vocals, frame drum and tapan; Gari Hegedus: oud, violin, saz, mandocello; Evan Fraser (Dirtwire): n’goni, zabumba, jaw harp, vocals and frame drum; Sean Tergis (Inspector Gadje) : darbuka, frame drum, cajon, frame drum, tapan, riqqDan Cantrell: programming, keys, vocals, musical saw. Stellamara currently collaborates with world renowned dance artists: Zoe Jakes and Auberon Shull, and Nagasita.
Three years ago, while poring over a favorite deck of Tarot cards, Zoe Jakes was inspired to create a work of art as powerful as the cards themselves. Finally, after years of creative process, House of Tarot has been created, placing the captivating energy of the Tarot deck onto members of the belly dance community. House of Tarot is true performance art, a mutable dance theater performance imbued with ritual and the mysteries of Fate. The archetypes of the Tarot come to life in dynamic choreographies, stunning set design, various theatrical props, and an original score of music by Zoe Jakes. Throughout the show, the haunting healing of the High Priestess, the seductive glamour of the Snake, the chilling chords of Death, live drumming, and more, fill the stage in a story of human fate and archetypes. The House of Tarot cast is comprised of a variety of spectacular performers, each bringing their own unique qualities and training to the production!
Morgan Sorne is a multi-dimensional enigma. A prolific visual artist, musician, actor and filmmaker, boasting a four octave vocal range with perfect pitch. He brings listeners to tears with his unparalleled hypnotic angelic falsetto, and has churned crowds into a rocking frenzy with his bone-rattling dynamicism and range. He has performed and played at some of the most prestigious venues in America, winning over the hearts and minds of audiences at Irving Plaza in New York, the legendary Fillmore Theatre in San Francisco and the Fonda Theater in Los Angeles.
“It’s as if Freddie Mercury, David Byrne, an early David Bowie, Afrika Bambaataa, and the Cure’s Robert Smith had gotten together and had a baby. He (Morgan Sorne) is an enigma, chanting like an ancient tribesman, stomping like he’s dancing for rain, and whirling like a helicopter, while his voice scales the ranges of the mesmerizing and hypnotic, to almost unnaturally Edith Piaf high notes.” – Stephen Macmillan Moser of Austin Chronicle
“Nonconformist in nature, brilliant in execution. This is absolutely phenomenal in every sense of the word. Music cannot get more unique and authentic as this.” – Sputnik Music
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.