On sale: Friday, 2/15 @ 10am
Art Alexakis, the charismatic frontman of the multi-platinum rock band Everclear, has announced an intimate, collaborative acoustic tour for May-June 2019. Art has invited three of his friends to join him on stage each night – fellow platinum artists Chris Collingwood (Fountains of Wayne), Max Collins (Eve 6) and John Wozniak (Marcy Playground). The Songs and Stories tour will deliver a one-of-a kind opportunity for each frontman to perform stripped down versions of their band’s hits, deep tracks, and new songs – and the stories behind all of them. The four men, collectively performing together for the very first time, will share the stage on multiple occasions during the show. The 2+ hour performance, delivered in an intimate setting, will be capped off by an interactive encore, allowing fans a unique opportunity for Q&A, special requests, and ‘come what may’ banter. Tickets go on sale this Friday, February 15th.
On the lineup and upcoming tour, Alexakis shares: “I have been a huge fan of each of these artists for so long. Getting to showcase their singing and songwriting abilities in this way is going to be so special for all of us. These shows will still deliver a rock and roll energy, but in a way that our fans have never experienced. We can’t wait to have the opportunity to interact with our fans even more on this tour.”
The announcement of this tour coincides with the news that Art Alexakis will be releasing his first solo album. Due Spring 2019, the yet-to-be-named album will be distributed via The End Records.
In an effort to address a critical charitable need, Art Alexakis will be donating $1 per ticket sold at each show to Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, an organization that provides financial assistance to career musicians, venue workers, production staff, crew members, and their families suffering from injury, illness or disability. Funds raised from the tour will pay for medical procedures, doctor visits, prescriptions, and vital living expenses.
Everclear’s sound has consistently reflected the rock, post-punk, and singer/songwriter influences of frontman Alexakis, including acts like X, the Replacements, the Pixies, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, and Elvis Costello. The band found success with their first three albums on Capitol Records, Sparkle and Fade, So Much for the Afterglow, and Songs from an American Movie Vol. One: Learning How to Smile, which were all certified platinum in sales.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.