New York itself might as well be a concrete orchestra of clattering train tracks, piercing sirens, and bellowing crowds.
Manhattan is a borough of sounds just as diverse as its denizens. Against that backdrop, rapper, songwriter, and artist Skizzy Mars always set himself apart since his childhood in Harlem. With equal readiness to name check Morrissey, nod to big screen romances, and precisely spit an ode to a stranger on the subway, an outlier perspective fueled his full-length debut, Alone Together.
“I took a liking to being different,” the man born Myles Mills affirms. “For my whole life, I was the only black kid in mostly white schools on the Upper East Side. I never wanted to listen to what everyone else was listening to. In high school, a friend sent me a bunch of files with Beirut’s Gulag Orkestar, Animal Collective’s Strawberry Jam, and a bunch of things like that. That kind of songwriting was fascinating. Once I discovered A Tribe Called Quest, I got into rap. Records like Kid Cudi’s Man on the Moon and The Killers’ Sam’s Town can bring me back to a time in my life. That’s what I aim to do with my albums.”
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL AGES (ages 6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.