Sebadoh is an indie-rock band originally formed in 1986 in Westfield, Massachusetts, by Dinosaur Jr. bass player Lou Barlow and Eric Gaffney. The band began as a side project, but when Barlow was kicked out of Dinosaur Jr in 1989, Sebadoh became his full-time concern.
Along with such bands as Pavement and Guided By Voices, Sebadoh helped pioneer lo-fi, a style of indie-rock characterized by low-fidelity recording techniques, often on four-track machines. The band’s early output, such as Weed Forestin (1990) and III (1992), was typical of this style, and wavered between Barlow’s wry, introspective folk and Gaffney’s psychedelic noise-rock experiments.
A post-punk noise/pop band from NYC formed in 1986, Flower was a staple of the NYC underground scene carved out by Sonic Youth, Live Skull, and Swans, utilizing the noise element of the aforementioned artists to deepen the textures of more classically oriented pop/rock songs. They disbanded in 1990, leaving one EP and two albums to be remembered by. Members Richard (Guitar, Vocals) and Ed Baluyut (guitar) soon formed indie legends Versus, while Ian James (Bass, Vocals) joined Geffen flame-out Cell, and Andrew Bordwin (Drums) helped found Ruby Falls. Ian and Andrew would later team up to form the pop/punk band French.
Having not written together for three decades and having played less than a handful of reunion shows, Flower recently reunited, locked themselves in a room, and did not emerge until more than an album’s worth of new material had been written.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.