On sale: Friday, 2/1 @ 10am
Rising vocalist and songwriter Ryan Beatty unveils the video for “Haircut” — watch it here. “Haircut” is taken from his debut album Boy in Jeans, out now. Featuring previously released tracks “Camo” and “Bruise,” the album is receiving early critical acclaim.
Beatty says of making the album: “Some of the best ideas come when it’s least convenient. I wrote these songs usually in my car or on my parents’ couch. I’d drive to Calvin’s and when I’d walk in he would be playing a vinyl of some artist that I’d never heard of. I remember there being a lot of D’Angelo too. Thank you to my parents for the gas money. Thank God for last summer.”
Recorded over the space of two months in North Hollywood with only producer Calvin Valentine, Beatty counts influences as disparate as Solange, Frank Ocean, Björk, ELO, Lauryn Hill and Stevie Wonder among those who inspired Boy in Jeans.
Beatty recently joined close friends and longtime collaborators Brockhampton to perform “TONYA” on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” Beatty first worked with the group on the chorus of their hit “BLEACH.” Watch the “Fallon” performance here.
Beatty is a 22-year-old vocalist, songwriter and producer born and raised in Southern California, and now based in Los Angeles.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.