Picture Atlantic, the ever-evolving alternative rock band from Santa Clara, CA are now recording their third album with ambitions to transcend their cult status in the Bay Area and reach audiences nationally and beyond.
For the band, this means writing and recording on a level beyond what is possible of a local act. “We have to create an album worthy of listeners’ ears and deliver on what we ourselves would expect from a live show,” they explain.
With this new music, Vocalist/guitarist Nik Bartunek, bass guitarist Ryan Blair, and drummer Daniel Martinez are “more musically cohesive than ever before,” now playing to each others’ strengths as much as their own.
The band’s catalog is defined by Bartunek’s striking vocal style and range combined with the musical and rhythmic backbone of Blair and Martinez, the creative counterpoint to the haunting vocal melodies.
While the band once saw that not being similar enough to other groups secluded them from larger audiences, they now embrace the idea. “Our ‘sound’ is that we don’t just have one type of sound.”
Since their debut album, Kleos (2008), the band have cultivated a passionate and devoted local fan base, becoming a staple of the Bay Area music scene. They have performed alongside Coldplay, The English Beat, STYX, Say Anything, Eisley, and Dan Black among many others.
The band describes the new material as “darker, but also more hopeful” and “heavier” than their previous album, Digital Tension (2012) – which The Owl Mag called, “an exquisite mix of thrilling, boppy synth highs and dark, heavy bass lows.”
As to why audiences should care, the band prefers the direct approach. “We know you’ll love our music. We just need to make sure you hear it.”
Rin Tin Tiger is an alternative folk rock trio from San Francisco, CA. High energy, lyric heavy, acoustic guitar lead songs about life in contemporary society. The sound is often described as a blend between early Bob Dylan, Violent Femmes, and Tupac. They have shared the stage with Minus the Bear, Young the Giant, Manchester Orchestra, Max Bemis of Say Anything, The Lumineers, Fences, Los Amigos Invisibles, Mike Coykendall, Ida, Hey Marseilles, and many more along the West Coast.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.