Over their career, post-hardcore band Our Last Night has steadily chipped away at the box that their genre has restricted them to. With their extremely popular, category-clashing covers of Adele, Rae Sremmurd, and Sam Smith – which they performed for the Grammys – the band is focused on exposing the usually insular post-hardcore scene to new possibilities. Now, coming off the release of their 2017 EP, Our Last Night is embarking on a North American tour throughout the months of March and April 2018. Starting in San Francisco, the band will circle the continent and land back home at Los Angeles’ Teragram.
New Hampshire based post-hardcore band Our Last Night was formed in 2004 by brothers Trevor (vocals) and Matt Wentworth (guitar, vocals) along with childhood friends Alex Woodrow (bass) and Tim Molloy (drums). Combining the melodic structures of emo with the guttural sounds of hardcore, Our Last Night sporadically toured the New England area for three years, releasing several EP’s and self-made demos along the way. These recordings found their way to Epitaph, where label owner Brett Gurewitz took interest in the band’s maturity and wide-ranging vocals.
The label signed Our Last Night in the summer of 2007, and the group soon headed west to record its debut album in Orange County, California. Completed later year, The Ghosts Among US was released in early 2008, followed two years later by We Will All Evolve in 2010. For their album the band began to refine their sound, moving in a more melodic, post-hardcore direction with few metal moments on their third album, 2012’s Age of Ignorance. The same year their deal with Epitaph was finished and the band began to further alter their sound, releasing self-produced and self-released EP of cover songs as well as acoustic and electric versions of their 2013 EP Oak Island.
Following on from the success of their viral cover of Adele’s “Skyfall” the band have continued to put their own spin on the biggest radio hits and covering songs from Kendrick Lamar, Chainsmokers and Rae Sremmurd to name but a few. All the while releasing in original content which has allowed them to tour their music all over the world.
Our Last Night’s fifth full-length album, Younger Dreams arrived in the summer of 2015, proceeded by 2016’s single “Common Ground,” the band issued the Selective Hearing EP in 2017.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.