First born under the name “W.E.L.T.” the project was frequently on the back burner for several years until it began to coagulate in Seattle beginning a long working collaboration between Ogre and Mark Walk. Twenty, oh one, saw the release of the first album, an eponymous release were there no legal issues in using “W.E.L.T.” christening the name “ohGr.”
But what’s it all for, if there’s no tour? The first was a moment in time for professional clime; it saw Cevin Key join savaging a drum, hinting at the Skinny Puppy works to come; it saw Tim Skold join on bass betwixt KFMDM and Marilyn Manson showcase; it saw Hate Dept.’s Jeff Smith, then of the opening band, who would become the regular keyboardist on hand.
In our current form, we have a pending norm: the oft-Skinny-Puppy-triplet of Justin Bennet, Matthew Setzer and William Morrison running drums, guitar and bass to the minute; and making the ohGr debut, Dustin Schultz addresses the keyboards anew.
The following albums numbered three, and were so titled by decree: “SunnyPsyOp,” “Devils in my Details,” “unDeveloped” – came setting the trails, which bring us to now, this modern era, where previous music economics have become a chimera.
Thank you – we feel quite lucky to have our financial supporters, with their great tolerance of delay and cryptic updates from headquarters.
Now twain to twenty twenty, presenting our precessional product aplenty: the fifth album, “Tricks,” and its upcoming tour a twisted mix – both offering the listener aural transforms of the past years of psychological sandstorms.
It is with relief, without doubt, that this sound has been meted out; the counterpart live show will engender catharsis and closure to those years of exposure: letting us leave the stage to set the stage to start to pick up and put down number six; so step right up and come on along – now we’re waiting, to be captivating, to finally, finally, show you our ‘TrickS’.
ohGr neW reLease ‘TrickS’ available at https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ohgr
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.