Founded in 1986, the Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir, a “treasured Bay Area institution,” was born out of a gospel music workshop led by the exuberant Terrance Kelly at Living Jazz’s Jazz Camp West. It became an independent non-profit organization in 1991 with the mission to inspire joy and unity among all people through black gospel and spiritual music traditions. Since then, the award-winning Choir’s exquisite harmonies and stirring gospel repertoire have led to performances with a wide variety of esteemed groups, such as Joshua Nelson, the Prince of Kosher Gospel; Edwin Hawkins, CeCe Winans, the San Francisco Symphony, the San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus; Barry Manilow, the original Muppet Band, and the Duke Ellington Orchestra. The Choir also appears on Grammy-winning albums by Linda Ronstadt, MC Hammer, Tramaine Hawkins, and others. Terrance Kelly was awarded the Dr. Edwin Hawkins Excellence Award in 2013. In October 2018, the documentary “One Voice: The Story of the Interfaith Gospel Choir” will have its world premiere at the Mill Valley Film Festival.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.