Mekaal Hasan Band plays Sufi, Folk & traditional musics of Pakistan with a variety of styles and sounds, which blends the old with the new and contemporary.
The band plays music which covers Sufi Kalam from Bulleh Shah to the mystic musings of Sachal Sarmast. They are adept at reinterpreting Punjabi folk legends like Tufail Niazi and equally at home playing music based on the classical stylings of Ustad Salamat Ali Khan and the Qawali of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
Mekaal Hasan Band has represented Pakistan at various forums internationally, from The Globe in London to the South Asian Bands Festival in New Delhi and to performances with Abida Parween at Union Square. They proudly hold numerous awards which unanimously have named them as being the ‘Best Live Band’ in the country.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.