MadeinTYO doesn’t have a typical rapper backstory. As the son of a Naval Officer, he moved frequently – traveling from base to base – until his family landed in Tokyo for the duration of his high school years. Inspired by his brother, artist 24hrs, MadeinTYO drew from the foreign culture around him and began to take music seriously. He uploaded his first song to Soundcloud at the age of 22, and a movement was born.
MadeinTYO has managed to carve out a spot for himself amongst this new generation of rappers with his mixtapes You Are Forgiven and Thank You, Mr. Tokyo. His debut single “Uber Everywhere” shot up the radio charts, landing in the top 10 and achieving double platinum certification from the RIAA. The internet started to buzz. With over a billion streams, MadeinTYO caught the attention of hip-hop’s biggest tastemakers including Complex, the FADER, Noisey and earning him a spot as a member of XXL’s 2017 Freshmen class.
And this was just the beginning. Now living in Los Angeles, MadeinTYO has collaborated with some of hip-hop’s biggest names, including 2 Chainz, Travis Scott and Big Sean. MadeinTYO has been tapped as a muse and collaborator for brands such as Sprite, Adidas, Reebok, Ciroc, Footaction, HUF, Carrots.
His single “Skateboard P” peaked at #8 on urban radio and is now RIAA certified platinum. MadeinTYO called on Big Sean for a “Skateboard P” remix. The music video broke the internet, making both MadeinTYO and Big Sean a top trending topic on social media.
All of this momentum leaves MadeinTYO poised to become one of the biggest names in hip hop with the release of his debut album Sincerely, Tokyo. The new album is led by standout single “Ned Flanders” feat. A$AP Ferg, which has racked up over 70 million streams to date.
Sincerely, Tokyo finds a more introspective and mature Tokyo. The title of the album represents MadeinTYO signing off this current moment in his life and career. It is a letter that represents his current state, the highs, lows and everything in between. By signing Sincerely, Tokyo MadeinTYO is leaving his “now” behind and eulogizing this era in the form of an album. With the new project Tokyo leaves his fans with songs that represent his life until this point. Sincerely, Tokyo consists of both soft ballads and the bubbly upbeat songs that are most characteristic of MadeinTYO.
And MadeinTYO’s growth isn’t only emotional on Sincerely, Tokyo — with features from Blood Orange, Gunna, Tinashe, and more – the album consists of the rapper’s most sonically compelling music to date. Having achieved mastery over the unique sound that he established with “Uber Everywhere,” Sincerely, Tokyo sees MadeinTYO deliver on the promise he has shown since he made his debut with what is sure to be one of the best full length releases in hip hop in 2018.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.