This special edition of LOCALS ONLY shines a spotlight on Radical Traditional Music featuring 3 present/former Bay Area natives Laura Cortese & The Dance Cards + Evie Ladin Band + Rushad Eggleston and some of the finest roots music you’ll find on either coast.
LAURA CORTESE & THE DANCE CARDS (Bay Area/Cambridge, MA)
*post-folk that seriously rocks*
San Francisco native and Boston folk-pop darling, Laura Cortese has a vision for her band’s sound: bold and elegant, schooled in the lyrical rituals of folk music and backed by grooves that alternately inspire Cajun two-stepping and rock-n-roll hip swagger. It’s appropriate then that they call themselves Laura Cortese & the Dance Cards.
Listen up: http://www.thisislauracortese.
Watch this: http://www.thisislauracortese.
EVIE LADIN BAND (Oakland)
*Evie Ladin / Keith Terry / Erik Pearson*
Barreling full-steam out of trad Old-Time into the urban environs of Oakland, CA, with side trips into a global percussive dance scene, Evie Ladin brings deep roots to collaboration with the BAND. Tenacious, innovative string musicians/dancers with a quirky neo-trad soul, the ELB throws down a new folk music with an unusually creative and surprising live show. Longtime Stairwell Sister (San Francisco’s all-gal old-time teardown) Evie has appeared on A Prairie Home Companion, and stages from Celtic Connections to Lincoln Center, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and many more. A deeply evocative banjo player, clever songwriter and rhythmic dancer, with a powerful voice that draws you in – EVIE LADIN is “a natural entertainer with a gift for infusing folk practices with contemporary verve,” San Francisco Chronicle. Her band features Erik Pearson (the Crooked Jades and Mushroom) and Keith Terry.
Listen up: http://evieladin.bandcamp.com/
Watch this: http://www.evieladin.com/
RUSHAD EGGLESTON (Carmel)
*imaginative nomadic wild cello goblin*
Legend, clown, goblin, cello-shredder, acrobat. Wild “jazz” vocalist, bundle of laughs, writer of hit songs in other galaxies, Ambassador of Sneth. Inventor of bluegrass cello, time traveler, creator of worlds. Rushad Eggleston is a man of all trades, good and bad.
Listen up: https://www.reverbnation.com/
Watch this: http://www.rushad.net/new-
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.