Rock and roll isn’t a sound. It’s not an attitude. It’s a need, it’s a fight, it’s the saving grace in the wake of a broken heart or something lost.
Down and Outlaws are a rock and roll band, pure and simple. Influenced by bands like The Stooges and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, you can call these San Franciscans dirty, bluesy, rootsy; it doesn’t really matter, because all four members – Peter Danzig, Kyle Luck, Chris Danzig, and Jon Carr – are determined to put their stamp of rock and roll back on the map, literally and figuratively.
The band balances packed local performances with tour dates across the country. Over the past year, they’ve performed with Reignwolf, Cancer Bats, The Silent Comedy and Black Pistol Fire, picking up die-hard fans and media attention from Austin and Portland to Tucson and Los Angeles and beyond.
Their first single, “Lay Me Down,” convinced Carson Daly to book them on NBC’s Last Call last May. With a new video for their second single, “I Don’t Care (I Don’t Care),” a Converse Rubber Tracks recording session in Vancouver, and their upcoming debut album in July, all signs point toward a breakout year.
These days, when rock and roll often survives in the shadows, the quartet’s energy, authenticity, and blistering live performances are impossible to ignore or forget.
Down and Outlaws play because they’ve got no choice. Music has saved the D&O, and they hope to return the favor.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.