Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin follow up their previous album, the Grammy nominated Common Ground, with Lost Time, a collection of blues songs from various artists that inspired the Alvin Brothers at a very early age. Common Ground focused exclusively on Big Bill Broonzy songs. With Lost Time the Alvin brothers dig in to the music of James Brown, Leadbelly, Willie Dixon, Blind Boy Fuller and Leroy Carr, among other greats. But they cover four songs by Big Joe Turner, as tribute to the blues legend they met as teens, and who became their friend and mentor. Dave Alvin says, “We tried our best to honor all these magnificent musicians, songwriters and singers as well as expose them to new listeners, and perhaps raise some ghosts up from their graves for a minute or two. And, hopefully, my brother and I have also again found some damn lost time.”
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.