On sale Friday, 4/19 @ 10am
With both eyes on the future and the blues in his blood, visionary 20-year-old guitarist, vocalist and songwriter Christone “Kingfish” Ingram is set to take the music world by storm with the release of his debut album, KINGFISH.
Sprung from the same earth as so many of the Delta blues masters, Kingfish comes bursting out of Clarksdale, MS, just ten miles from the legendary crossroads of Highways 61 and 49. He is acutely aware of the musicians and the music that emerged from the Delta. “I do think I have an old soul, that I’ve been here before,” he says. “I’m moving forward with one foot in the past.”
Playing guitar since age 13, Kingfish has grown his audience organically. His mentor, Buddy Guy, has been publicly praising Kingfish and guests on the new album, as does Keb’ Mo’. Funk musician Bootsy Collins began sharing Kingfish’s YouTube videos – some with millions of views each – explaining, “this is how a child can influence others.”
Kingfish was cast in season two of Netflix’s Luke Cage after the series’ producer saw one of his videos. As part of Luke Cage soundtrack, he performed an NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert with rap legend Rakim
With the release of KINGFISH, Christone is ready to blaze a trail with the blues torch that’s been passed to him. He is a real life, groundbreaking 21st century bluesman, inspired by the music of Robert Johnson and B.B. King with dreams of collaborating not only with legendary blues musicians, but also with contemporary hip-hop artists.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.