Austin, Texas-based, nine-piece Latin funk and breakbeat purveyors Brownout released Brownout Presents Brown Sabbath, Vol. II on October 28, 2016 via Ubiquity Records. The recording – the band’s second collection of material by godfathers of metal Black Sabbath – includes reimagined versions of “Fairies Wear Boots,” “Snowblind” and “Supernaught.” The tracks “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” and “Symptom of the Universe” features vocals by Ghostland Observatory’s Aaron Behrens.
Brownout Presents Brown Sabbath’s debut in 2014 was met with critical praise. Pitchfork wrote, “the rearrangements are so exhilarating that, even without amplifier overdose, they make you remember why you got into metal in the first place,” while NPR Music declared, “the album is a reflection of the kind of cross-cultural life many Latinos in the U.S. live in, one where a 1970s English heavy metal prototype shares record shelf space with Latin music.” Providing further validation, Classic Rock Magazine stated that “the horn arrangements felt like they had always been there.” A national tour led to appearances at Bonnaroo, Austin Psych Fest and Pickathon. The music would ultimately make its way to Ozzy Osbourne himself who raved, “it’s fucking awesome, this fucking Mexican guy sounds just like me,” ultimately garnering the band an invitation to perform at the Ozzfiesta in Mexico.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.