“…the sound of Brett Dennen’s voice captures the feeling of sitting in hazy sunlight.”—Esquire
“The breezy songs of California native Brett Dennen combine the earnest sentiments of activist folk with briskly sweet-natured pop.”—NPR Music
“…we think it’s time for the whole world to take notice of Brett Dennen’s expert pop songcraft.”—KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic
“If Dennen’s effervescent pop isn’t a musical fountain of youth, his enthusiastic hooks and melodies mean he’s drinking from a run-off.”—USA Today
Por Favor, the new full-length album from acclaimed singer, songwriter and performer Brett Dennen, will be released May 20 on Elektra Records.
In celebration of the new album, Dennen will embark on an extensive headlining tour this spring, including dates in Wilmington, NC, Columbia, SC, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Solana Beach, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Boise, Minneapolis, Chicago, Pittsburgh and New York.
Produced by Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb (Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson), Por Favor was recorded in Nashville and features ten new songs.
Of his intention with the album, Dennen explains, “When you say please, you’re asking something to come into your life. It might mean that you’re weak and need something to make you strong. But you’re admitting to some sort of weakness or some form of humility. Vulnerable was another word that kept coming up when I was making this record. Is there something I’m scared to say? Can I dig a little deeper, reveal a little bit more? How far can I go? That was my direction, and once I got that in place, I started shooting down things that weren’t in that zone.”
Cobb adds, “I worked with Brett because of his beautiful balance of wit and melody. He’s very timeless in his writing and you really can hear his personality in every note he sings. The record was made totally live and we recorded all the vocals live with the band. It really was produced as stripped-down as possible—we tried to make every note matter.”
Por Favor is Dennen’s sixth full-length album and his first since 2013’s Smoke and Mirrors. Released to widespread acclaim, Rolling Stone called it his “strongest effort yet,” while NPR’s Weekend Edition described it as “a deeply personal work.” Since his breakout self-titled debut in 2004, Dennen has performed on the “Late Show with David Letterman,” “The Tonight Show,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “CONAN” and has played to sold-out audiences worldwide including festival appearances at Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits Festival, Newport Folk Festival and many more.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.