A Celebration of the Triumph of Music Over ALS (Lou Gerhig’s Disease)
Record Release for Bernie & Believers to raise funds for end of life care for Bernie Dalton. In 2017, Bernie was diagnosed with Bulbar Onset ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). Surfer, songwriter, and devoted father of a 16 year old daughter, Bernie had an end of life wish to make a record of his songs. He wanted to leave a musical legacy for his future grandchildren that he would likely not live long enough to meet. He wanted them to know who he is, he wanted them to know his views of the world, and to convey his advice for living in the lyrics he wrote. Bernie had a vision, but since ALS had already robbed of him of his ability to speak or sing, he asked his voice coach singer/songwriter Essence Goldman to be his voice. Essence launched a Go Fund Me campaign, and the outpour of love and support from family, friends, and community made it possible to record an album of Bernie’s songs. An amazing musical team came together to produce this album of Bernie’s songs and the inspiration and collaborative experience was magic. We are thrilled to share this music with you all. Despite Bernie’s rapidly deteriorating health, he has shown that courage and creativity are greater than adversity. Please join us to celebrate community coming together for a cause greater than ourselves and the great healing power of music — with performances by Bernie & The Believers (Essence Goldman, Roger Rocha, Daniel Berkman, Mike Anderson, Erma Kyriakos, David Simon-Baker), Rainbow Girls, Actual Wolf, Avery Hellman + All Star Jam including Darren Nelson & Jeremy D’Antonio of San Geronimo, Misisipi Mike, Kendra Mc Kinkey, and many more!
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.