Bay Area friends and family! Join us at the Great American Music Hall for the Benefit Show for Bay Area Women’s & Children’s Center on Thursday, March 16, 2017. Three female-fronted bands will be taking the stage to raise money towards BAWCC’s many programs at the Tenderloin Community School. Enjoy an evening of local music magic while giving back to the youth in our SF community!
Kendra McKinley: Kendra McKinley perceives a song like a painter views a blank canvas: an opportunity to expand an audience’s mind, to wash their thoughts in brilliant hues of blue and violet, scarlet reds and effusive orange. Inspired by the past but not chained to it, McKinley’s music spans the diverse spectrum of pop music. She echoes the intricate vocal arrangements crafted by Brian Wilson, fractures the narrow definitions of a genre like St. Vincent, and recognizes storytelling as the key aspect of a great tune the way the best singer-songwriters have for generations.
Rainbow Girls: Rainbow Girls is a collaborative of songwriters, multi-instrumentalists, vocalists, and California natives whose wide spectrum of genres is hard to classify, but something along the lines of funky, bluesy, soulful, psychedelic pop with roots in folk and rock n’ roll. With soaring harmonies and a slew of instruments they share and swap throughout their set, the ladies of Rainbow Girls pump out original after original of your favorite new songs, whether it be acoustic or electric.
Vanwave: Hailing from San Francisco, Vanwave’s sound is that of the modern sirens call, infused with electric guitar leads, and folk inspired harmonies.
BAWCC: In the heart of San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood, Bay Area Women’s and Children’s Center is a unique presence. BAWCC focuses entirely on the needs and issues of low-income families, children, and women in this multi-ethnic, inner-city neighborhood. BAWCC’s long-term projects have resulted in buildings and playgrounds for children of all ages including: five new playgrounds, a new recreation center with an adjacent children’s playground, and a new 400-student public elementary school with an on-site family center run by BAWCC including a state-of-the-art dental clinic, computer center, counseling rooms, rooftop learning garden, beautiful library, and a welcoming family room where parents, guardians and family members can gather for classes or just for times to share with other parents.
A raffle will be held at the event to win exciting, local prizes. Prize donors include:
-SF Bay Boat Cruise
-Marc Olivier Le Blanc
-Adventure Cat Sailing Charters… and more!
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.