San Francisco’s Battlehooch defies the calculus of sound. By cross-pollinating elements of psychedelia with modern pop, the six-piece has given birth to a mutant strain of kaleidoscopic rock & roll. Hot on the heels of 2014’s mind melting “Wink” EP comes their new digital single “Type One Error/Grace of Lace”. Like “Wink”, the “Type/Grace” single finds Battlehooch delving deeper into their exploration of the vivid sounds and sumptuous textures of classic psych-pop, while also incorporating more explicitly dance-centric rhythms and electronic textures into the mix. Critics have called the single “a perfect representation of the unorthodox and diverse sound that Battlehooch has built… the song compiles all the facets that make this band unforgettable”.
Previously the band has held opening slots for Of Montreal, Yacht, Crystal Castles, The Danielson Family, Ponytail, Nomo, Gza (from Wu-tang Clan,) and Cherub. They have also had their track featured in a national TV ad for Go Pro Cameras that showed during the Olympics and Monday night Football.
• Slim’s is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.